Is Wire Rope Vibration Damper Required for Equipment Vibration Reduction?
Wire rope vibration dampers is a kind of shock absorber, which is widely used in all kinds of machinery, automobiles, railway locomotives, water transport vehicles, aeroplanes and other aircraft. It can be said that the equipment shock pad is needed wherever shock absorption and isolation are needed. It is the most widely used effective measure to control vibration in engineering to install the damping element wire rope vibration damper under the equipment. After installing this kind of damping element, it can really reduce the transmission of vibration and impact force. As long as the damping element is properly selected, the damping effect can be more than 85% - 90%, and it is unnecessary to use a large foundation. For general medium and small equipment, even without foundation screws and foundation, as long as the common floor can bear the static load of the equipment.
Product structure principle
Wire rope vibration dampers are made by winding the wire rope into a spiral shape and fixing it between two metal plates arranged along with the nut. Its rigidity and damping depend on the diameter, number of strands, number of turns, winding mode and size of the wire rope. It is a new type of vibration isolator with non-linear characteristics and dry friction damping. The steel wire rope made of Multi Strands of steel wire wound in a certain direction is used as the elastic element, which has obvious hysteresis characteristics. Its energy dissipation comes from the friction, extrusion and sliding between the steel wires. When the amplitude of excitation and impact is large enough, internal friction occurs between the strands of wire rope of vibration isolator, which is opposite to the movement direction of wire rope, thus consuming a lot of energy and attenuating the vibration and impact strength; when the amplitude of vibration is small, the strands of wire rope are screwed together due to friction, without relative sliding, so as to show good linear elasticity and maintain the stability of the system. Therefore, wire rope vibration dampers are suitable for the complex and changeable conditions of vibration and impact, and their adaptive ability is particularly strong, which can effectively avoid strong resonance and impact, so as to play a role of buffer vibration isolation.
Other Articles You May Like
- April 8, 2020Vibration is a common phenomenon in mechanical engineering. In many scenarios, vibration is harmful, for example, the vibration of the vehicle will cause discomfort to the driver or passengers, the vi...view
- May 22, 2019As a new type of non-linear vibration isolator, wire rope vibration damper has a wide application prospect in vibration and noise control. However, at present, the theoretical analysis and experimenta...view
- May 22, 2019The restoring force of wire rope isolator for vibration damping has the characteristic of typical non-linear hysteresis loop. Such a curve is very irregular, which indicates that the isolator has stro...view
- November 5, 2018The shock absorber industry has developed a lot of shock absorber components.view
- January 15, 2019Because of its superior performance and low cost, it has been widely used in all walks of life and shows a strong product competitiveness.view
- March 12, 2019Damping refers to the characteristic that any vibration system is gradually degraded due to external influences or the inherent causes of the system in vibration, and the quantitative characterization...view